🔴 Baby ate a THC gummy Thursday
🔴 Parents could be criminally charged, report says
🔴 Marijuana poisonings in young children on the rise
SECAUCUS — A one-year-old baby is in the hospital with marijuana poisoning, according to a published report.
The child was quickly taken to Hudson Regional Hospital after experiencing symptoms from eating an edible gummy, News 12 New Jersey reported.
Secaucus police are investigating. The parents could face criminal charges for the overdose, according to the report.
New Jersey 101.5 has contacted Secaucus police for more information.
Marijuana poisonings on the rise in NJ
There were 30 reported calls for cannabis exposure in children 12 years old and younger this past July, or around one per day.
Marijuana edibles (AP Photo/Richard Vogel)
Marijuana overdoses are much more serious in children than adults.
Symptoms can include seizures and trouble breathing in more severe cases, according to Dr. Diane Calello with the NJ Poison Control Center.
Parents are advised to lock up marijuana products and keep them out of sight and reach of young children.
If a parent believes their child is experiencing an overdose, they should contact the NJ Poison Control Center at 1-800-222-1222. If their symptoms are more severe, the should immediately call 911.
Top 30 schools in NJ with the biggest bullying problem
These are the schools in New Jersey with the highest rates of bullying. The rankings are based on the annual School Performance Reports for the 2021-22 school year. New Jersey 101.5 ranked the schools based on the rate of reported bullying incidents per 100 students. Schools with enrolment less than 100 are excluded.
Gallery Credit: New Jersey 101.5
Dennis Malloy’s classic NJ pizza tour
Gallery Credit: Dennis Malloy
A 1-year-old baby was rushed to Hudson Regional Hospital with marijuana poisoning Thursday. Read More